Gateway to the Community: Build a Bike builds sustainable communities by educating youth and promoting bicycling.
- We work to educate and empower youth, and make bicycling accessible and affordable to the Humber community.
How ‘Build a Bike’ Makes a Difference:
- We empower youth to lead healthy and productive lives. In our classroom and out in the field our youth participants build confidence, critical thinking, and life skills. They also learn what it means to give back through community service.
- From classes to volunteer opportunities, our adult programs engage people and promote bicycling.
Non-Profit Community Bike Shop
- Our bike shop sells affordable recycled bicycles to the Humber community while generating revenue to run our programs, and helps further our mission to get more people riding bikes.
Bicycle Recycling & Reuse
- All of our programs are run using bikes donated to us by the community. We view each and every bicycle donated, refurbished, and recycled back into the community as one less bike in the landfill, and hopefully one less car on the road.